2. Messenger provides “Free” Services as well as paid Services for users. In order to pay for the “Free” Service, personalized advertisements are placed before you. Your information is used to personalize the advertisements.
you to periodically consult this section for possible updates and changes. Notification of any major changes may be sent to you by email or a system message to your account.
5. If you wish to contact our Privacy Officer, you may contact with Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
What Information Do We Collect?
1. Personal Information: When you sign up for a user account for any of the Services, We collect personal information, such as your phone number. When you sign up for paid service, we also collect your payment information for billing purposes.
2. Device Information: When you access our website or use our software, the information we collect include IP Addresses, location data, Device ID, Advertiser ID, browser type and settings, device type and settings, and operating system (such as iOS and Android).
3. User communications: When you use our Services to make and receive telephone calls or send and receive messages, we are required to collect telephony log information (telephone toll records) like your calling-party number, receiving-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of calls.
4.Third Party Applications or Services: We may collect information about you or others from third party applications or services available on our Service. For example, when you register for an account with us, you may do so by choosing to connect your already existing social media account with our Service (e.g., Facebook, Google+, etc.). We receive certain information from your social media account depending on your permissions and which information you have made public. We use this information to make an account for you on our Service.
Access to Data Storage on the device:
The app uses this permission in order to offer to download and save images and videos to your device.
We DO NOT collect, store or use any personal information while you visit, download or upgrade our products.
We may use personal information submitted by you only for the following purposes: help us develop, share, and improve our products and services and supply higher quality service.
In the following circumstances, we may disclose your personal information according to your wish or regulations by law:
(1) Your prior permission;
(2) By the applicable law within or outside your country of residence, legal process, litigation requests;
(3) By requests from public and governmental authorities;
(4) To protect our legal rights and interests.
We collect the following information to provide you an enhanced user experience and better services as well as to improve our products
Device & app history
Retrieve running apps
Read your Web bookmarks and history
Mobile data settings
Change/intercept network settings and traffic
Find accounts on the device
Read/ Modify your contacts
Read your own contact card
Read calendar events plus confidential information
Add or modify calendar events and send emails to guests without owners' knowledge
Approximate location (network-based)
Precise location (GPS and network-based)
Read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
Receive text messages (SMS /MMSWAP)
Send SMS messages
Directly call phone numbers
Reroute outgoing calls
Read call log
Read phone status and identity
Photos / Media / Files / Storage
Read the contents of your USB storage
Modify / delete the contents of your USB storage
Take pictures and videos
Wi-Fi connection information
View Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
Read phone status and identity
How and Why We Use Your Information?
1. We use your information to communicate with you, to ensure our services are working as intended, to make improvements to our services, to develop our business, and to protect against fraud and spam.
2. We provide the information we collect to third parties, such as advertisers, in order to provide you with commercial advertisements. The provision of such information generate revenue to pay in part or in whole for the Services. We do not provide personal information to third parties except for billing purposes.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) .
3. We may use different technologies to process your information for these purposes. We may use automated systems to analyze your information to provide you with personalized services and personalized advertisements. And we may analyze your information to help us detect abuse such as spam, malware, and illegal content.
We implement industry standard security measures intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Transfers of Your Information
If you choose to use the Service or provide your information to us, your information may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, including the United States. Such countries may have laws that are less protective than the country in which you reside. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Site or Service.
Links to other Web sites and Third Party Ads
The Services may include advertisements regarding or otherwise contain hyperlinks to other websites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. Advertisements for third parties and their products may be included with the Services and those third party advertisements and web sites may include a cookie, web beacons, or other device(s) of the third party. We do not have control over the cookies, web beacons, or other devices used by third parties and do not have access to whatever information they may collect. You acknowledge and agree We are not responsible for the content or for the privacy practices employed by third parties.
When you type a URL or query in the address bar, the letters you type are sent to the default search engine so that the search engine's autocomplete/prediction feature can automatically suggest the term or URL you are looking for. if a default search engine is provided on your version of Messenger, the application will contact your default search engine when you start or change networks to determine the best local address. For example, if Google is set as the default search engine, the application will contact Google as described here unless you change this default setting. When you type a URL or query into the application, the letters you type may be sent to the applicable search engine so that the search engine's prediction feature can automatically suggest the term or URL you are looking for (if applicable). If you accept a predicted query or URL, the application may also send that information to the applicable search engine of your choice. The privacy policies of third-party search engine providers apply to any information you provide to them (including, but not limited to, information you provide through the Application). Please read these policies carefully before providing any personal information to them.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Disclosure of Your Information
1. If you violate laws and regulations (such as sending harassment messages), we will legally disclose your personal information.
2. Your payment information may be share with third parties as needed for billing purposes and to prevent fraud.
1. Personal data shall be processed and stored as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
•Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contact has been fully performed.
•Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Company’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Company within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Company.
2. The company may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Company may be obligated to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
3. Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
For Individuals in European Economic Area, Switzerland and/or the United Kingdom
1. This section only applies to individuals that access or use our Service while located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and/or United Kingdom (collectively, the “Designated Countries”) at the time of data collection. We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in.
2. We act as a data controller with regard to any personal information collected from individuals accessing or using its Service. A “data controller” is an entity that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is processed. Any third parties that act as our service providers or are otherwise acting on our behalf are “data processors” that handle your personal information in accordance with our instructions.
3. Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Information. We describe our legal bases for processing throughout this Policy. Below is a list of the purposes described in our policy with the corresponding legal bases for processing:
•Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
•provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
•processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
•processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
•processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
4. Your Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Service. If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us at email@example.com . Please note, we may seek to verify your identity when we receive an individual rights request from you in order to ensure the security of your personal information.
•Right to Withdraw Your Consent. If we ever asked for your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. A withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing or the processing of any third parties based on consent before your withdrawal.
•Right of Access. Upon your request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information in our files without undue delay and free of charge, unless we permitted by law to charge a fee. Your access may be limited to the extent it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other individuals.
•Right to Rectification (or “Correction”). You may request to correct or update any of your personal information in our files. We may provide you with the ability to update some or all of your personal information directly via the Services.
•Right to Erasure (or the “Right to be Forgotten”). Upon your request, we will erase any of your personal information in our files that: is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; was collected in relation to processing that you previously consented to, but later withdrew such consent; or was collected in relation to processing activities to which you object, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for our processing.
•Right to Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information under certain conditions. During the time which restriction of processing applies, we will only process your restricted personal information with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. We will inform you if or when the restriction is lifted.
•Right to Object. You may object to our processing at any time and as permitted by applicable law if we process your personal information on the legal bases of: consent; contract; or legitimate interests. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
•Right to Data Portability. If we process your personal information based on a contract with you or based on your consent, or the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have us transfer your personal information directly to another “controller,” where technically feasible, unless exercise of this right adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others. You right to data portability only applies to personal information provided by you to us.
•Notification to Third Parties. When we fulfill your individual rights requests for correct (or rectification), erasure or restriction of processing, we will notify third parties also handling the relevant personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Upon your request, we will identify such third parties.
•Automated Individual Decision-Making, Including Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, unless an exception applies under applicable law.
•Limitations to Individual Rights Requests. We may limit your individual rights requests in the following ways:
i.Where denial of access is required or authorized by law;
ii.When granting access would have a negative impact on other's privacy;
iii.To protect our rights and properties; and
iv.Where the request is frivolous or burdensome.
•Transfer of Your Personal Information. We transfer your personal information subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the applicable data protection laws. Specifically, when your personal information is transferred out of the Designated Countries, we have the required contractual provisions for transferring personal information in place with the third-parties to which your information is transferred. For such transfers, we rely on legal transfer mechanisms such as Standard Contractual Clauses or we work with U.S. based third parties that are certified under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
•Right to Lodge Complaints. If you believe that we have infringed or violated your privacy rights under applicable law or this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , so that we can work with you to resolve your concerns. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority situated in a Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement.
APPENDIX A - Advertising networks and their partners
Facebook Audience Network
Google AdMob and their partners
MoPub and their partners
Smaato and their vendors
Vendors, please visit: https://www.smaato.com/partner-list/
Verizon Media and their vendors
For more information on VerizonAOL (OATH) Vendors, please visit: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/ie/en/verizonmedia/privacy/topics/thirdparties/index.html